A Gent's Outlook

A Literary Agent Divulges the TRUTH about Publishing

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Walk a Mile Holding My Pen

I have to admit that I had an experience in Italia that made me feel, for a fraction of a fraction of a second, a little drop of empathy for the wannabe. I felt the thrill of knowing that people across the globe were talking about Sammy-boy. And they were both pretty, too.

I was sitting in a little café-like place, and I could hear snatches of conversation all around me. I was reading, of course, so I was only paying half attention. Then I heard it. Across from me, two lovely ladies were speaking in low tones, but two words stood out among all the others…

Kiwi Pigfucker!

I was a little surprised, to say the least. To be thousands of miles from home and to hear those two words being bandied about by two lovelies in a little café. What are the chances that someone else has used those words?

Now I could go wannabe on this, but I won’t. Somebody was talking about my blog. That’s all. They could have been saying I was an asshole or just liked the way the words rolled off of their tongues (and they were very nice tongues, too). Or maybe there is a Kiwi Pigfucker who lives in Europe. I couldn’t hear the rest of the conversation clearly, but they were smiling and laughing. So it was a high to see that my words have actually gone international. Maybe I will start a Kiwi Pigfucker fan club.

Nah, too wannabe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home