A Gent's Outlook

A Literary Agent Divulges the TRUTH about Publishing

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Call For Submissions

Heh heh heh…

I can’t wait to see which lameasses will read the title of this post only and indignantly e-mail, their messages coated in their own self-righteous syrup (take that any way you want—you just never know). I can see the cries of foul now.

“SEE!” they will shout in all caps, “WE KNEW YOU WERE JUST BUILDING AN AUDIENCE SO YOU COULD BILK POOR WANNABES LATER! SCAMMER!”

Assholes.

Speaking of which, that is sort of what the call for submissions is for. Read this very carefully. V-E-R-Y C-A-R-E-F-U-L-L-Y.

This call for submissions is for suggestions only. I need another word for wannabe. I am really tired of using it over and over again, so I thought I would put a call out to see if anyone could come up with a different word. Something along the lines of glory-sniffer, but with a literary bent. I get tired of doin’ all the thinnin’ around here.

If you are interested, e-mail me or post a comment with the new word in it. I will leave the door open for suggestions for about a week or until something strikes my fancy with a feather. Oh, and don’t send me a suggestion and then get pissed off if I use it. By sending or posting your words for the call for submissions, you are agreeing to let me use it if I want. Your reward? You can brag about it to all your friends. But I wouldn’t post it on writer forums or discussion boards, if you know what I mean.

So, think of a word that could replace the word wannabe in the vernacular, and maybe I will use it. Or maybe I will use all the words I get somehow. I plan to be spontaneous.

Ciao, baby.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:25 AM, Anonymous cg said…

    Poser - of course
    Pop-tard - retarded popularity (internal)
    Virgin-whores - too long, s'pose
    49ers - too heavily historical?
    limprists - alluding to what they write.
    How about "righters" - a bit punny to be sure, but I like puns.
    and my personal choice - "Matilda" as in all the female heros in their romance novels are named Matilda.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home