A Gent's Outlook

A Literary Agent Divulges the TRUTH about Publishing

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Be Back After Frankfurt

God, I love Europe!! The weather is wonderful, the beer is great, the wine superb, and the women have such cute, ah, accents. Everything is expensive and that’s not a big plus (Dollar to Euro conversion and all) but the value is well worth it.

The blog will suffer until I get back. But for some, that’s a big plus. Marley will be at the Buchmesse too, so she can’t do it, and I wouldn’t trust anyone else. Hell, I barely trust her. She is all too willing to do a post with nothing but expletives in it, just for fun, she says. I say she’s a loon with a potty mouth, but she sells a helluva lot of books.

Und so, mein liebchens, tschuss und prost, and ich hoffe dass sie etwas ass getten auch. Ich weiss dass ich werde! Or whatever.

Heh heh heh, the women LOVE me over here. I’m a smooth-talkin SOB in more than one language! I might even sell some rights…yeah!

Sammy

4 Comments:

  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger Frank Tocci said…

    OMG!!! I just love Europe!!!
    I haven't been to Franfurt, but I just love sausages! LOL!
    I just stumbled onto your blog recently and have been reading but too shy to leave a comment.
    Is Marley a guy? I bet he's real cute!
    I picture him as kind of a rebel but with really expensive taste like lots of sushi and french wine.

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just found out that a vanity publisher won't take on my book! I thought they took anything as long as you paid them, right? How in the fuck can I be rejected by a vanity publisher? I didn't know where else to post this, since I would get laughed off a writer's board and I doubt anyone reads your stuff anyway, so I am pretty safe. Could you look at my first paragraph and give some feedback? Thanks!

    From The Body Dreamer (115,000 words, thriller)...
    As Brad's fingertips lingered on Jessica's breast, his thoughts turned to his wife. What would she be doing right now if she had survived the attack? Would she be there underneath him, biting his nipple like she always did? Or would they have fallen out of love by now like so many of their friends? Looks like he would never now.

    Jessica stirred beneath him. A murmur came from her soft lips. At first he thought it was his name, but then she mumbled and he strained to listen...

    “Oh, Carlos!”

    So, what do you think?

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Tiki said…

    Hi Anonymous,
    I don't see anything wrong with your first paragraph. It's great! Are you sure it was a vanity publisher? They do take anything, so maybe you made a mistake and sent to an actual publisher.
    Tiki

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Pico said…

    Do you people really think he is going to read your shit? He's not Dear Abby, for God's sake! Write someone who cares!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home